Thursday, June 21, 2012

Scheme of Black, White, & Reds

I've been itching to sew things for little ones since working on the Easter outfits. In the beginning of Summer, I turned all my kid's pants into shorts. I was paroozing around for easy sewing tutorials and these are this is the beginning of something fun. There are many amazing tutorials on refashioning thrift clothes into children's clothes and that is just what I have been doing.


After I saw this post, I had to make my cardigans for my children. I thrifted three XL men's polos and went to work, and this is the end result. This cardigan will be for C.  Knits is something I am still tackling, since I am bit of a new sewer.

I've been wanting to sew up collar shirts for D as well. I found this tutorial on how to make boy's collar shirts with turning men's shirts into boy's shirts. It ended up being on the skinny side, but I can't wait to do some more thrifting, because I am having a lot fun.

I also made some quick light weight beanies for D. Sorry for poor lighting of my photos. I'll be sure to get my kids in these outfits and share.


Inspired by Cirque Du Bebe's "Maniglan

Tutorials:

Collar Shirt
Made By Raes "Men's Shirt into Boy's Shirt"

Darling Cardigan

 Slouch Beanie
I used the same concept. I made mine longer and more slouchy.